The first step in recovery begins with our Orange County drug & alcohol detox program. It’s what happens when you stop taking drugs or alcohol long enough for your body to clear it all out. This time is also known as withdrawal. Ask anyone who’s been through detox, and they’ll probably say it was the worst part of their recovery journey. But it’s also critical. Balboa Horizons mitigates the withdrawal and makes detoxing, safe and as comfortable as possible with 24/7 care.
What to Expect in Detox
As you go through detox, you’ll be emotionally and physically vulnerable. You may want to stop and try again some other time. You might even feel anger toward the people who are trying to help you because it’s so much easier to go backward than forwards. Addiction means your body has come to prefer drugs or alcohol to its natural state. The sudden withdrawal is why it takes professionals to help you decontaminate your body from drugs or alcohol. Think about it like a body cleanse that your body is fighting your mind for control. It’s not just difficult to do on your own—it can be dangerous.
But your mind is stronger than your body. Addiction will always be a team of one and we are a team of many. Our staff will let you know what to expect and provide a safe, caring environment for you to win this battle. We’ll be with you every step of the way, our 24-hour nursing staff will ensure a safe detox. When it’s over, you’ll be transitioned to one of our residential treatment facilities to continue your road to recovery.
Expert Care in a Safe Environment
Balboa Horizons an orange county drug & alcohol detox that treats clients withdrawing from alcohol, benzodiazepines (Klonopin, Xanax, Valium), opioids (Oxycontin, Vicodin), stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin), and other harmful, illegal drugs. We work exclusively with our clients, and all staff and programs at our six-bed Orange County location are separate and gender-specific, which studies show is most effective when treating addiction.
In addition to 24-hour support staff, the center is staffed with licensed nurses and overseen by licensed medical physicians including our Medical Director, Dr. Elizabeth Roberts, Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
What Sets our Orange County Detox Apart
Our Orange County detox center has many benefits which help us stand apart from the competition:
- Medical professionals who specialize in addiction and recovery
- From board-certified doctors and nurses who oversee detox to the licensed therapists who aid recovery, our team is there for you 24/7.
- One-on-one care and attention
- Our treatment philosophy recognizes withdrawal and that every patient is unique and deserves a personalized treatment plan.
- All aspects of recovery under one roof
- We handle every aspect of recovery from drug & alcohol detox to residential therapy and outpatient treatment. We stand by our patients throughout their withdrawal process and recovery journeys.
- Gender-specific care
- We allow patients to recover in an environment tailored to their needs and free from unnecessary distractions.
Contact us today for more information about detox in Orange County or to arrange an admissions meeting for you or a loved one struggling with addiction. If you have specific questions, call us any time at (866) 316-4012.