If you or your loved one is currently suffering from addiction or mental illness, call us at (866) 316-4012. Balboa Horizons helps inspire change and transform lives toward the path of recovery.
Some commonly used illegal drugs include marijuana, heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, methamphetamines, ecstasy, hallucinogens like acid and mushrooms, inhalants, and ketamine. Each of these is a scheduled substance by the Drug Enforcement Administration, for their harmful effects and potential for addiction. Millions of Americans regularly use and are addicted to these drugs. While their effects differ and vary in terms of intensity and risk, they should all be taken seriously, and Balboa Horizons treats each with the same compassion, quality of care, and commitment to recovery.
- In 2013, 9.4% of Americans had used an illegal drug in the past month
- Most people use illegal drugs for the first time as teenagers
- Drug use is highest in people in their late teens and twenties
- Marijuana has the highest dependency rate of any drug, second to alcohol
Treatment & Rehab
Our rehabilitation center is effective at helping clients deal with both the physical and psychological aspects of addiction. Often, medically assisted detoxification is the first step to treatment, followed by a mix of therapy and additional treatment over the course of a month or more.
Balboa Horizons pairs traditional therapies with new techniques to help our clients learn and grow throughout the course of their recovery. Our programs are based on professional experience, proven clinical methods, and a 12-step approach that works with any religious belief or lack thereof. Some of our methods include the following:
- Individual and group therapy
- EMDR and somatic trauma therapies
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- And much more
Call Balboa Horizons today to learn more about our treatment methods, what rehab is like, or just find answers to your questions about addiction: (866) 316-4012