PHASES OF TREATMENT FOR RECOVERY
Beginning with our highly-individualized Residential Treatment Program, Balboa Horizons’ residential program offers different phases of treatment for addiction recovery. These phases help transition each client as they gain tools and skills and continues with a step down to our STRIVE Program, our clinically-supervised Intensive Outpatient Program.
The Balboa Horizons phases of treatment offer offer a customizable continuum of care that supports the client at every stage of addiction recovery. Through the programs at Balboa Horizons, we are able to teach each person invaluable life skills and goal setting. In doing so, we are able to support re-entry to life; whether education, family, and/or employment. Because treatment planning is individualized, our programs are excellent for individuals with a history of relapse and complexity, as well as clients and families who know they need more than the traditional 28-day model.
The Balboa Horizons treatment team regularly employs a variety of traditional, alternative, and experiential therapeutic modalities, including surf therapy which research shows leads to improved stress management and mindfulness, mind/body connection, and coping skills.
From yoga to sound therapy to our Rock to Recovery program in which you get to play instruments, write and record music with professional musicians and quite literally form your own band, we believe sobriety should be fun!
Balboa Horizons offers a full spectrum of holistic care—allowing clients to seamlessly transition from one stage of treatment to another. We’re on this journey with you every step of the way. Our treatment model allows us to evaluate recovery progress, and to identify and address challenges to sustainable recovery. All of our programs are based on professional experience, proven clinical methods, and a core 12-step approach—all designed to provide a safe and accepting environment where you’re able to focus exclusively on recovery and personal transformation:
- Individual and Group Therapy
- EMDR and Somatic Trauma Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Comprehensive Family Programming
- Gender-Specific Issue Groups
- Character and Spiritual Development
- 12-Step Meetings, Education and Relapse Prevention
- Expressive Arts and Music Programming
- Sound and Creative Meditation and Mindfulness
- Volleyball, Yoga, Hiking, Surfing, Kayaking, SUP, Fishing, etc.
- Outings—Museums, Ice Skating, Whale Watching, Bowling, etc.
- Physical Fitness/Gym | Health and Nutritional Education
- Alumni Program and Social Activities