Recovery in phases
Residential recovery is a major lifestyle change. Everything about it takes getting used to, which is why we don’t try to do everything at once.
The first phase in residential treatment is usually detox, followed by a mix of therapy and addiction treatment over the course of a month—sometimes longer. Our STRIVE outpatient program can be either a “step down” following residential treatment or the starting point for patients who need or prefer intensive outpatient therapy. The final phase is aftercare, or follow-up.
Balboa Horizons tailors each phase to individual needs, but the goal is always the same: Maximize each patient’s time, comfort, and chances for success.
What to expect
We believe rehab should be a balance of serious treatment and serious fun. Traditional and new therapies pair with unique experiences to help you learn and grow as you recover.
Our Rock to Recovery program teaches you to play instruments, write and record music with professional musicians, and literally form your own band!
Our programs are based on professional experience, proven clinical methods, and a core 12-step approach. In our safe and welcoming environment you can focus on what matters most: getting clean and sober. Techniques include:
- Individual and group therapy
- EMDR and somatic trauma therapies
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Family programming
- Gender-specific issue groups
- Character and spiritual development
- 12-step meetings, education, and relapse prevention
- Expressive arts and music programming
- Creative meditation and mindfulness
- Volleyball, yoga, hiking, surfing, kayaking, SUP, fishing, etc.
- Outings to area attractions
- Physical fitness, health, and nutrition education
- Alumni program and social activities