Treatment for Addiction
Residential treatment for addiction is a major lifestyle change. Everything about it takes getting used to, which is why we don’t try to do everything at once.
The first phase in residential treatment for addiction is usually detox, followed by a mix of therapy and addiction treatment over the course of a month—sometimes longer depending on the client’s needs. Our STRIVE outpatient program can be either a step down following residential treatment for addiction or the starting point for patients who need or prefer intensive outpatient therapy. The final phase is aftercare, or follow-up.
Balboa Horizons tailors each phase to individual needs, but the goal is always the same: Maximize each patient’s time, comfort, and chances for success.
What to Expect in Treatment
Our Rock to Recovery program teaches you to play instruments, write and record music with professional musicians, and form your own band!
Our treatment programs are based on professional experience, proven clinical methods, and a core 12-step approach. In our safe and welcoming environment, you can focus on what matters most: getting clean and sober. Techniques include:
- Individual and group therapy
- EMDR and somatic trauma therapies
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Family programming
- Character and spiritual development
- 12-step meetings, education, and relapse prevention
- Expressive arts and music therapy
- Creative meditation and mindfulness
- Physical fitness, health, and nutrition education
- Alumni programs and social activities