Balboa Horizons is proud to provide an annual $2,000 scholarship to students attending any accredited, four-year college or university in the United States.
Payment will be made directly to the student’s college or university. In order to be eligible for the Future Horizons scholarship, the applicant must have been affected by drug or alcohol abuse, either because they are recovering from drug or alcohol use, or they are the child of someone battling addiction. Applicants can choose to write a 500-1000 word personal essay or submit a video no more than 5 minutes long about how they have been affected by addiction.
1. College Bound United States Residents Ages 15-25.
2. Intend to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program.
3. Applicant must have a personal experience with addiction.
4. You are currently in school, have graduated high school or obtained a GED.
Questions to consider when making a video or writing an essay:
- How has addiction affected you?
- How has overcoming a family members addiction or your own addiction been beneficial in your life?
- How has this made you the person you are today?
- How can you make a difference in the world?
How to Apply
Scholarship applicants can either email or mail in their completed application. Please include all of the following with your application:
- Video or essay answering the questions above
- Copy of your student ID
- School transcripts
Deadline to apply: June 1, 2019
We will announce a winner no later than July 1, 2019
Applications by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by mail:
129 Cabrillo St
Costa Mesa CA, 92627