All confidential client information (“Protected Health Information” or “PHI”)is subject to and governed by the privacy requirements set forth under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, as incorporated in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009; the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, and which modifies the Administrative Simplification provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and other applicable State and Federal laws, all as amended from time to time (collectively the “Privacy Rules”). Any affiliate of Balboa Horizons which is provided PHI is subject to the Privacy Rules, by virtue of a written Agreement.
Balboa Horizons strongly believes in the protection of personal information. We limit the information we collect at the level of specificity that is believed to be useful or to improve the usability and reliability of our services. We also maintain client information in a manner that protects such information from accidental or malicious destruction.
- We encrypt personal information.
- We regularly review and upgrade our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Balboa Horizons employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with Balboa Horizons are not encrypted, and we strongly advise that no confidential information be processed through these means.
USE OF INFORMATION
Balboa Horizons uses client and industry professional information to improve the quality and reliability of its services.
Balboa Horizons does not share any client information without consent of the client, unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- ONLY with a client’s consent will we share personal information outside of the Balboa Horizons family.
- It is possible that we may need to disclose the personal information of a Balboa Horizons client when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if Balboa Horizons has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to investigate and defend against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of the Balboa Horizons Website; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Balboa Horizons and its clients.
HOW TO CONTACT US