Balboa Horizons Careers
If you’re looking for an incredible place to grow your career while being able to make an indelible impact on peoples lives, thenBalboa Horizons may be the place for you. Balboa Horizons is renowned in our industry for providing ethical addiction care. Our client-centric focus allows us to help amazing people truly change their life. Our motto is Inspiring Change and Transforming lives so if you have a passion for helping others, recovery experience, and can work as part of a team we would love to speak with you. See our available positions below for more details on working at Balboa Horizons. For consideration please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women Residential Support Staff
Women Support Staff to support our Women’s Detox facilities in our Orange County, CA locations.
This position assists the clinical staff with the treatment program and acts as liaison to the client community, ensures adherence to rules governing treatment and attendance at all scheduled events and appointments. In compliance with residential program rules and guidelines, supervises clients. Duties included, but not limited to:
- Assist in transporting, admitting and orienting new clients.
- Assist in explaining expectations, rules, policies and procedures to clients.
- Ensure clients attend all scheduled sessions throughout the day and evening, facilitate clients getting to meetings; doctors, therapy and outside appointments each shift.
- Assist clinical team with facilitating groups, giving assignments to clients.
- Assist monitoring client’s self-administration of medication as scheduled to ensure clients take medication as prescribed, and document.
- Observe clients during specimen collection for drug testing according to protocols.
- Monitor all clients when on outings and review receipts to ensure clients are making appropriate purchases.
- Assist clinical staff in crisis prevention and/or crisis intervention, resolving client conflicts as needed; assist in supervising client fire drills, emergencies, or disasters.
- Maintain client log by reading and signing log book during shift (check in/check out, drug testing, and medication logs), make notes as appropriate and provides input during staff meetings.
- Document, log and report as necessary any significant incidents involving resident care and safety.
- Comply with all facility policies, procedures, rules, regulations and protocols.
- A high school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in group home or behavioral health facility preferred.
- Previous experience in substance abuse treatment program preferred. If in recovery, must have 1+ years of sobriety.
- Skill in dealing with colleagues as a team member and interacting well with others.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles. Must have a valid California driver’s license, and be approved through MVR to drive vehicles.
- Knowledge of 12-step support groups and principles.
- Knowledge of pharmacology related to chemical dependency and its treatment.
- Monitoring and reporting clients with health related conditions and maintenance of Infection Control policies and protocols.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality of information and maintain and enforce professional boundaries when interacting with clients and other staff members.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.