PHASES OF TREATMENT FOR RECOVERY
Beginning with our highly-individualized Residential Treatment Program, Balboa Horizons residential program offers different phases to help transition client as the gain tools and skills and continues with a step down to our STRIVE Program, our clinically-supervised Intensive Outpatient Program. Together, these stages offer a customizable continuum that supports the client at every stage of recovery and personal development—teaching invaluable life skills and goal setting, and supporting re-entry to education or vocational training. Because treatment planning is individualized, our programs are excellent for individuals with a history of relapse and complexity, as well as clients and families who know they need more than the traditional 28-day model. We help you get your life back on track and support you through the process.
The Balboa Horizons treatment team regularly employs a variety of traditional, alternative, and experiential therapeutic modalities, including surf therapy which research shows leads to improved stress management and mindfulness, mind/body connection, and coping skills.
From yoga to sound therapy to our Rock to Recovery program in which you get to play instruments, write and record music with professional musicians and quite literally form your own band, we believe sobriety should be fun!
Balboa Horizons offers a full spectrum of holistic care—allowing clients to seamlessly transition from one stage of treatment to another. We’re on this journey with you every step of the way. Our treatment model allows us to evaluate recovery progress, and to identify and address challenges to sustainable recovery. All of our programs are based on professional experience, proven clinical methods, and a core 12-step approach—all designed to provide a safe and accepting environment where you’re able to focus exclusively on recovery and personal transformation:
- Individual and Group Therapy
- EMDR and Somatic Trauma Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Comprehensive Family Programming
- Gender-Specific Issue Groups
- Character and Spiritual Development
- 12-Step Meetings, Education and Relapse Prevention
- Expressive Arts and Music Programming
- Sound and Creative Meditation and Mindfulness
- Volleyball, Yoga, Hiking, Surfing, Kayaking, SUP, Fishing, etc.
- Outings—Museums, Ice Skating, Whale Watching, Bowling, etc.
- Physical Fitness/Gym | Health and Nutritional Education
- Alumni Program and Social Activities